Re: RDFa and Web Directions North 2009

Michael Bolger wrote:
> Sam Ruby wrote:
>> Anybody is allowed to produce a spec.  In fact, the license that Ian
>> made his spec available under has liberal provisions for productions
>> of derivative works.  If such a spec attracts a larger consensus than
>> the one that Ian is producing, it will be adopted by the HTML working
>> group.
>>
>> For something resembling RDFa to be included in HTML 5, somebody needs
>> to do the work and gain consensus.  That means either convincing Ian,
>> convincing somebody else, or picking up that work yourself.
>>
> As an "outsider" from the "street";

In this case, outsider is something you chose to be.  If you agree to
the patent policy of the W3C, you too can participate in the HTML
Working Group.  That WHATWG has even a lower barrier to entry.

> HTML 5,  Google, Mozilla, Apple, are in control of the spec(?).
>
> Ian is the gatekeeper/editor?

s/the spec/a spec/

A spec that I will note is marked as a editor's draft, and therefore has
a status that indicates that it may not have consensus, may not be
stable, and may not meet all of the Working Group requirements.

I feel compelled to repeat that there are legitimate technical issues
that need to be worked through.  Again, I strongly suggest that either
you do this work yourself, or convince somebody else to do so.

- Sam Ruby