Re: [Fwd: [uf-discuss] Fwd: [whatwg] Removing @rev]

Manu Sporny wrote:
> This has bearing on RDFa in HTML5... I had heard that @rev was being
> preserved from somewhere as well... looks like it's on the way out.

I noticed this while building my cleanroom RDFa parser on top of the
HTML5 parser. It actually strips @rev out. I don't understand why it
goes to that extent when other attributes, e.g. "foobar", make it into
the parse tree just fine. In any case, RDFa can function fine without
@rev. I think it's rather pointless to get rid of it just because it
supposedly confused some authors (those people can just keep on ignoring
it), but if that's the decision, it's no significant skin off our backs.

(Side note: my only delay in the cleanroom implementation is that all of
the SPARQL engines require RDF/XML and not N3... currently passing
70-80% of the test cases...)

-Ben