Re: ISSUE-120: Ambiguous Situation with nested @rel where inner @rel is neither CURIE nor link type

Let us not fight on words whether it is ambiguous or not...:-)  I just
try to exactly pin-point where Ben's described effect comes from.

The current processing step says, in step #4 of the processing steps
(both in the LC and the editor's document):

[[[
[...] if the [current element] contains no valid @rel or @rev URI,
obtained according to the section on CURIE and URI Processing, then the
next step is to establish a value for [...]
]]]

which is what applies in our case and leads to, well, what it leads to.
So the core question is what constitutes a valid @rel/@rev value. That
is described in sections 5.4.3 and 5.4.4. In my understanding  (eg,
paragraph just before 5.4.4. and paragraph 5.4.4. itself) those chapter
specify what valid @rel/@rev values are, namely URI-s drawn from full
blown curies with a prefix and a reference, or the predefined @rel
values. The example given by Ben is not a valid XHTML value, ie, the
@rel is not a valid URI, ie, the processing step quoted above does not
apply.

This may not have been the intention, but this is certainly properly
defined.

Changing that would mean changing the processing step description or
redefining what a valid @rel/@rev value is. My fear is that the
processing step description is like those 'castles' we used to build
from cards when we were kids: touch one, the building can collapse:-) We
also spent quite a lot of time on the valid @rel/@rev values...

Ivan