Re: xsd:date or xsd:#date?

Speaking for myself.....

First, the mantra.  Say it over and over until you believe it.  A CURIE
prefix is NOT a namespace.  A CURIE prefix is NOT a namespace.  A CURIE
prefix is NOT a namespace.

Now that you believe....

The correct CURIE prefix definition for an XML Schema vocabulary should
be http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#

The example in the draft is wrong.  Thanks for pointing it out!