Re: Summary of @href/@resource completing triples issue (v2.0)

Mark Birbeck wrote:
> I think there's a lot of confusion here. I thought that there was
> general acceptance that if an author places RDFa statements as
> children of an element that contains an @href, then they almost
> certainly know what they are doing? I thought that the only
> disagreement was whether @href and @resource should complete hanging
> triples.

I agree with the above statement, and so I may be in slight disagreement
with Ivan: the only time an HTML author currently writes:

<X href="...">
  ... triples ...
</X>

is when X is an anchor, and then it's very clear that what happens
inside that element pertains to the @href, since it's clickable *to*
that href.

Also, overriding the @href is quite easy, and triples only appear if
what's inside the <X> has RDFa attributes.

Finally, it's a nice feature that we can say things about a clickable @href.

The reason I'm a lot less comfortable with @href completing hanging
triples is that, when a triple hangs, there's simply no way to write an
@href inside that element and *not* have it complete the triple. Plus,
there are relatively easy ways to write the same thing without @href
completing hanging triples.

-Ben