Re: Summary of @href/@resource completing triples issue (v2.0)

Hi Ivan,

This is a separate reply just on one of the examples.

On 10/01/2008, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> Manu Sporny wrote:
> > Sorry folks, Ben's right, there were several bugs in the last summary...
> > I'm repeating this because all three of these should turn into test
> > cases and we need to make sure that they're correct representations of
> > the issue:
> >
> > This works for both models:

> > --------
> > <#me> foaf:knows <#ivan> .
> > <#me> foaf:knows <#shane> .
> >

> I was not 100% comfortable with that yesterday, and I am still a bit
> ambivalent with it. My problem is that @href in the <div>: would that
> also lead to spurious triples if, for example, I use <a> instead of the

I think there's a lot of confusion here. I thought that there was
general acceptance that if an author places RDFa statements as
children of an element that contains an @href, then they almost
certainly know what they are doing? I thought that the only
disagreement was whether @href and @resource should complete hanging
triples.

> Another slight problem I see is: say a person has the following code
> somewhere:

> Which would yield
>
> <> a:b "something" ;
>     b:c <#d> .
>
> However, *for html reasons*, so to say, we want to enclose that into a
> clickable link which, a priori, has nothing to do with RDF. What happens is

> resource="#d">bla</span></a>
>
> which makes perfect sense for the HTML author.

Well...to be clear, this author is an 'HTML+RDFa author', since
they've used @property and @rel on the <span>.

The rest of the post is replied to in another email.

  Mark Birbeck, formsPlayer

  mark.birbeck@formsPlayer.com | +44 (0) 20 7689 9232

  standards. innovation.