Re: XHTML vocab updated

Mark Birbeck wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> My recollection of this was that it was done in the early days of the
> joint work on RDFa, although I don't recall the intention being to
> have a separate document. You'll see that Shane has added some RDFa
> already to the vocab document, and I think it would be great to agree
> upon the statements you've defined, and then to put those into the
> vocab document, too.

It was indeed from that era. Consequently it was based on whatever the
XHTML 2.0 drafts had for link types. The /1999/xhtml/vocab doc currently
says "This is a vocabulary collection utilized by XHTML Family modules
and document types" - does that mean its membership-criteria could be
broader? eg. if any link types were in XHTML1 but dropped, should we
still document them in RDF? Can we reflect in stuff from the HTML5
eventually too?

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#linkTypes

for example, http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#contact seems a useful
relationship to have a name for.