W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org > September 2007

Re: Minutes 2007-09-27

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:47:45 +0200
Message-ID: <46FCBFB1.6030208@w3.org>
To: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Cc: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Flattering to say (in the minutes) that my implementation is up-to-date,
but was not 100% true at the time of writing those notes...

I have made an update. For the records, at the moment:

- it understands @xml:lang and does not understand @lang (any more)
- it makes the transformation on text literal that we discussed, though
it does not do it on XMLLiterals (yet; also pending on the TF resolution
on the matter)
- the management of @instanceof is not 100% like in the syntax document
because that is not final (and, I believe, also not 100% correct...).
Obviously, this will be updated as soon as there is a resolution on that
issue
- it understands the base element and does not understand @xml:base
- it uses the CURIE syntax but understand the predefined
@rel/@rev/@property values only (pending resolution on the matter).
- it uses the new URI for the predefined @rel/@rev/@property values

I actually renamed the variables I use in my parser to those used in the
syntax document, for an easier comparison.

Ivan

P.S. The implementation also includes a preprocessing steps for
collections and containers now. As soon as the TF wants to tackle this
issue I am happy writing down this step exactly and more formally to see
if it is a possible feature we want to add...

Steven Pemberton wrote:
> 
> Strawberry:
>     http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-rdfa-minutes.html
> 
> [NEW] ACTION: Ben to add implementations page to RDFa.info [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-rdfa-minutes.html#action08]
> [NEW] ACTION: Ben to remind the WG reviewers about review for FtF
> [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]
> [NEW] ACTION: Shane to send a link to new editor's draft to Ben
> [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-rdfa-minutes.html#action10]
> 
> Vanilla:
> 
>                                - DRAFT -
> 
>                             RDFa Task Force
> 
> 27 Sep 2007
> 
>    [2]Agenda
> 
>       [2]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007Sep/0242.html
> 
> 
>    See also: [3]IRC log
> 
>       [3] http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-rdfa-irc
> 
> Attendees
> 
>    Present
>           ShaneM, Ralph, Manu, benadida, Steven, markbirbeck
> 
>    Regrets
>           Michael
> 
>    Chair
>           Ben
> 
>    Scribe
>           Steven
> 
> Contents
> 
>      * [4]Topics
>          1. [5]Action Items
>          2. [6]FtF Planning
>          3. [7]Status of Implementations
>          4. [8]Status of Test Cases
>          5. [9]XHTML1.1 Namespace for rels
>      * [10]Summary of Action Items
>      _________________________________________________________
> 
> 
> 
>    <RalphS> [11]previous 2007-09-20
> 
>      [11] http://www.w3.org/2007/09/20-rdfa-minutes.html
> 
>    <scribe> Scribe: Steven
> 
> Action Items
> 
>    [12]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/20-rdfa-minutes.html#ActionSummary
> 
>      [12] http://www.w3.org/2007/09/20-rdfa-minutes.html#ActionSummary
> 
>    <scribe> ACTION: Manu draft some partitioning language that is
>    technology-neutral [recorded in
>    [13]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/20-rdfa-minutes.html#action14] [DONE]
> 
>      [13] http://www.w3.org/2007/09/20-rdfa-minutes.html#action14
> 
>    Manu: Is it worked in?
> 
>    Mark: Yes, sort of
> 
>    <scribe> ACTION: Ben to look into Science Commons use case [recorded
>    in [14]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/11-htmltf-minutes.html#action04]
>    [PENDING]
> 
>      [14] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/11-htmltf-minutes.html#action04
> 
>    <scribe> ACTION: Ben, Mark, Elias, and other implementors to add
>    xml:lang support [recorded in
>    [15]http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]
>    [PENDING]
> 
>      [15] http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-minutes.html#action11
> 
>    <scribe> ACTION: Michael look for a more semantically correct
>    predicate for tests 42-45 [recorded in
>    [16]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/06-rdfa-minutes.html#action14]
>    [PENDING]
> 
>      [16] http://www.w3.org/2007/09/06-rdfa-minutes.html#action14
> 
>    <scribe> ACTION: Michael make sure to confirm a design for checking
>    that the ASK SPARQL queries evaluate (yes/no) [recorded in
>    [17]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/06-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]
>    [PENDING]
> 
>      [17] http://www.w3.org/2007/09/06-rdfa-minutes.html#action07
> 
>    <scribe> ACTION: Michael to create "Microformats done right --
>    unambiguous taxonomies via RDF" on the wiki [recorded in
>    [18]http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-minutes.html#action06]
>    [PENDING]
> 
>      [18] http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-minutes.html#action06
> 
>    Ben: I'm working through some issues this week, but we're making
>    progress
> 
> FtF Planning
> 
>    [19]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/AmsterdamAgenda
> 
>      [19] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/AmsterdamAgenda
> 
>    <scribe> ACTION: Ben to remind the WG reviewers about review for FtF
>    [recorded in
>    [20]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]
> 
>    Ben: Mark will lead the discussion, it will be Monday morning
> 
>    <benadida> agenda for f2f:
>    [21]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/AmsterdamAgenda
> 
>      [21] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/AmsterdamAgenda
> 
>    Ben: I hope you will demo some stuff
>    ... Shane, you are joining by phone?
> 
>    Shane: My plan, but I need to see a schedule
> 
>    Ben: Ralph, going?
> 
>    Ralph: Not sure yet
> 
>    Manu: Mark, beware of live demos
> 
>    Steven: Yes, I had a similar problem yesterday at a talk
> 
>    Ben: Please demo my clipboard if you have time
> 
>    [Discussion of current uses of RDFa]
> 
> Status of Implementations
> 
>    Ben: We need this information to show that there is progress
> 
>    Mark: My implementation is coming on nicely
>    ... the RDFa part needs to be modularised still
>    ... so that people could pick it up separately
> 
>    Ben: Is it a part of Sidewinder?
> 
>    Mark: No, it is 3 or 4 javascript files
>    ... in libXH
>    ... as I call it
> 
>    Ben: Can it manage the test cases?
> 
>    Mark: Yep
> 
>    Ben: We have Ivan's Distiller, up to date
>    ... Elias's Pythion implementation, not up to date
>    ... there is Operator
> 
>    Manu: Not up to date yet
>    ... Operator will be in Firefox 3, and then in Songbird
>    ... so RDFa will be just there
> 
>    Ben: My Javascript implementation is not yet up to date
>    ... the bookmarklet
>    ... then RDFa Monkey, I don't know the state
> 
>    <RalphS> [22]RDFa monkey
> 
>      [22] http://www.avthasselt.sohosted.com/rdfamonkey/
> 
>    Ben: Fabien's XSLT, it is up to date, modulo a whitespace issue
> 
>    <RalphS> (RDFa monkey home page cites Elias' test files, not the
>    more recent ones)
> 
>    <scribe> ACTION: Ben to add implementations page to RDFa.info
>    [recorded in
>    [23]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-rdfa-minutes.html#action08]
> 
>    <benadida> implementations ->
>    [24]http://esw.w3.org/topic/RDFa#head-681001ee6c73e87bd692e29693b390
>    4e462fd9f2
> 
>      [24]
> http://esw.w3.org/topic/RDFa#head-681001ee6c73e87bd692e29693b3904e462fd9f2
> 
>    Ben: there are some other implementations, Java and Python
> 
>    Manu: How about IE? I heard they are adding microformats
> 
>    Shane: How about Chris Wilson?
> 
>    Ben: Do you want to talk to him?
> 
>    <scribe> ACTION: Shane to contact Chris Wilson [DONE] [DONE]
>    [recorded in
>    [25]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-rdfa-minutes.html#action09]
> 
>    <RalphS> [26]list of some RDFa implementations
> 
>      [26] http://esw.w3.org/topic/RDFa
> 
> Status of Test Cases
> 
>    Ben: Deferred till next time
>    ... Isee your message about href everywhere Shane
>    ... we did resolve to accept that
> 
>    Shane: Yes, and I have today fixed that
> 
>    Ben: Should we update the editor's draft and tell the reviewers?
> 
>    Ralph: It would be good
> 
>    Shane: I made a couple of editorial fixes too
> 
>    <scribe> ACTION: Shane to send a link to new editor's draft to Ben
>    [recorded in
>    [27]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-rdfa-minutes.html#action10]
> 
> XHTML1.1 Namespace for rels
> 
>    [28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007S
>    ep/0216
> 
>      [28]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007Sep/0216
> 
>    Ben: There is a problem that the XHTML namespace doesn't end with a
>    hash or slash
> 
>    Mark: In the section on unprefixed values, I say that it uses the
>    XHTML namespace with a hash on the end
>    ... but we should move away from the idea that these are namespaces
>    ... so we are not talking about changing the XHTML namespace, but
>    defining the prefix
>    ... but there is a problem with overlap with the role attribute
>    ... they are so close, they ought to use the same system
> 
>    Shane: There can't be multiple default prefixes for CURIES
> 
>    Ben: But rel can have a magic property using reserved words
> 
>    Steven: I would be happy if we could avoid special rules and magic
> 
>    Ben: I think it is a special case because of backwards compatibility
>    ... rel="foobar" is not even allowed
> 
>    Mark: It is if you have a @profile
>    ... so there are docs with a profile, with non-HTML rels
>    ... and quite valid therefore
> 
>    Ben: So the specific issue
>    ... we do need a default prefix URL, alsoi that ends in a hash or
>    slash
> 
>    Steven: Why does it matter?
> 
>    Mark: Because of round-tripping, which strictly RDF doesn't support
>    ... but is a sort of standard practice
>    ... in one case we would have the concept of xhtmlnext, as opposed
>    to xhtml:next
>    ... it is only convention
> 
>    Ralph: I like the idea of Shane's to use Apache redirecting to
>    redirect xhtmlnext to something else
> 
>    Mark: Why do we care; we can add a hash without a problem
>    ... We can add the relations to their own subnamespace
>    ... otherwise just straight to the XHTML namespace
> 
>    <benadida> example [29]http://creativecommons.org/ns#
> 
>      [29] http://creativecommons.org/ns
> 
>    Ben: That is the CC namesapce
> 
>    <RalphS> Shane: XHTML already has things under xhtml/ so I would
>    expect objections to the simple concatenation xhtmlnext
> 
>    <benadida> /1999/xhtml/ns#
> 
>    Mark: In the Modularization schemas we have 1999/xhtml/datatypes
> 
>    <benadida> /1999/xhtml/vocab#
> 
>    <benadida> /1999/xhtml/?#
> 
>    Mark: so we could have 1999/xhtml/vocab# or something
> 
>    Ben: I like the word vocab as being general
>    ... anyone object?
> 
>    Shane: Mostly harmless
> 
>    <benadida> PROPOSE that we use 1999/xhtml/vocab# as the prefix for
>    next, prev, etc...
> 
>    Ben: Deciding about nofollow is another issue
> 
>    Ralph: Second
> 
>    Ben: Opposed?
> 
>    Mark: We can't speak for the whole XHTML2 WG, but I think it is the
>    best option
>    ... +1 to it
> 
>    RESOLUTION: that we use 1999/xhtml/vocab# as the prefix for next,
>    prev, etc..
> 
>    <ShaneM> New draft of rdfa-syntax is at
>    [30]http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2007/ED-rdfa-syntax-20070927/
> 
>      [30] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2007/ED-rdfa-syntax-20070927/
> 
>    Ben: This doesn't solve the issue of whether we should special-case
>    the the legacy rels
>    ... we'll treat that another week
> 
>    ADJOURN
> 
> Summary of Action Items
> 
>    [NEW] ACTION: Ben to add implementations page to RDFa.info [recorded
>    in [31]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-rdfa-minutes.html#action08]
>    [NEW] ACTION: Ben to remind the WG reviewers about review for FtF
>    [recorded in
>    [32]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]
>    [NEW] ACTION: Shane to send a link to new editor's draft to Ben
>    [recorded in
>    [33]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-rdfa-minutes.html#action10]
> 
>    [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to look into Science Commons use case
>    [recorded in
>    [34]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/11-htmltf-minutes.html#action04]
>    [PENDING] ACTION: Ben, Mark, Elias, and other implementors to add
>    xml:lang support [recorded in
>    [35]http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]
>    [PENDING] ACTION: Michael look for a more semantically correct
>    predicate for tests 42-45 [recorded in
>    [36]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/06-rdfa-minutes.html#action14]
>    [PENDING] ACTION: Michael make sure to confirm a design for checking
>    that the ASK SPARQL queries evaluate (yes/no) [recorded in
>    [37]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/06-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]
>    [PENDING] ACTION: Michael to create "Microformats done right --
>    unambiguous taxonomies via RDF" on the wiki [recorded in
>    [38]http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-minutes.html#action06]
> 
>      [34] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/11-htmltf-minutes.html#action04
>      [35] http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-minutes.html#action11
>      [36] http://www.w3.org/2007/09/06-rdfa-minutes.html#action14
>      [37] http://www.w3.org/2007/09/06-rdfa-minutes.html#action07
>      [38] http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-minutes.html#action06
> 
>    [DONE] ACTION: Manu draft some partitioning language that is
>    technology-neutral [recorded in
>    [39]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/20-rdfa-minutes.html#action14]
>    [DONE] ACTION: Shane to contact Chris Wilson [recorded in
>    [40]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-rdfa-minutes.html#action09]
> 
>      [39] http://www.w3.org/2007/09/20-rdfa-minutes.html#action14
> 
>    [End of minutes]
>      _________________________________________________________
> 

-- 

Ivan Herman, W3C Semantic Web Activity Lead
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
PGP Key: http://www.ivan-herman.net/pgpkey.html
FOAF: http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf

Received on Friday, 28 September 2007 08:47:27 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:01:52 UTC