Re: Yet another RDFa experience

From: Simone Onofri <simone.onofri@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:05:12 +0200
To: "Niklas Lindström" <lindstream@gmail.com>
Cc: "Fabien Gandon" <Fabien.Gandon@sophia.inria.fr>, "Ivan Herman" <ivan@w3.org>, RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, "Dan Brickley" <danbri@danbri.org>
On 9/26/07, Niklas Lindström <lindstream@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/26/07, Fabien Gandon <Fabien.Gandon@sophia.inria.fr> wrote:
> [...]
> >
> >  My 2 cents: it is a good scenario for cascading transforms:
> >   (Transform 1) RDFa -> RDF/XML
> >   (Transform 2) RDF/XML -> RDF/XML RSS restriction
>
> Indeed, this is what I believe too.

Of course.

> There have been attempts (even successful IIRC) to make RDF/XML
> deterministic using XSLT; which could then more easily be fed to
> further XSLT transforms.

Good, as also Fabien wrote the question is first extract RDF/XML from
XHTML/RDFa and then find a nice way, I thking depends from specific
scenario and other variables, to get the correct form of RDF/XML,
catching on messages actually we have in the second step:

- Use another XSLT to get it
- Serialize to Trix and then generate it
- Serialilze to Turtle and then generate it
- Load in a storage and then generate it

Others?

> Or it might be more approachable to serialize the graph to TriX, and
> transform that into RSS (any variant, say Atom). See e.g.:
>
>     <http://djpowell.net/blog/entries/RDF-XML-to-TriX-Converter.html>

Nice, thanks for link.

> (Since it is a case of serializing a graph to the restricted subset of
> RDF/XML that is RSS 1.0, perhaps it wouldn't be *too* far-fetched to
> have support for it directly in an RDF-library. AFAIK, needs like this
> also applies to e.g. Adode XMP.)

For restricted subset do You know other examples except RSS and Adobe XMP?

Cheers,

Simone