Re: RDFa Primer comments

Mark Birbeck wrote:
>> Something like that yes.  I thought we had done it in the syntax
>> document.  I will make a pass through and ensure it is consistent.
>
> I've tried to consistently use the following convention. I *either* say:

I'm being nit-picky, so please ignore if it will distract us from more
pressing issues (of which there are several). :)

We should be following a single convention when writing attributes, not
two conventions. Using two conventions will confuse people because they
will start seeing instanceof with and without the @ qualifier.

Could we do the following:

>  "set the attribute instanceof"

CHANGE TO:

set @instanceof

Since Mark has been very consistent with this phrase, I was able to
quickly find 18 places in the Syntax document that would need to have
this changed (if we decided to change it). The change should take around
10 minutes (that's how long it took me).

> or I say:
>
>   "you can use @about to set the subject".

I agree, we should keep this the same.

> But I never say:
>
>   "set the attribute @instanceof"

I agree, we would not want to do that.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to compulsively line up all my pencils,
count every brick on the wall, sort my socks according to color and
material, brush every one of my teeth 20 times and go to bed :P

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny
President/CEO, Digital Bazaar, Inc.