Why is there no RDFa syntax working draft?

From: Dave Beckett <dave@dajobe.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 21:02:15 -0700
To: W3C RDFa task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
CC: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>

Hello RDFa task force!

Can you tell me why there is no working draft of the RDFa syntax?

There is the Primer but the other docs are editor's drafts or a wiki page:
  http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/syntax/  April 2007
  http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa     June 2007

If there was a WD I'd then have somewhere to complain about:
1) the way plain literal, typed literals and XML Literals are used.
   A mess.  There is no need for XML literals when simple will do.
2) the lack of profile so you cannot detect RDFa (raptor as used
   by http://triplr.org/ hits this problem)

Anyway, here's Triplr reading Ivan's RDFa-FOAF into turtle
  http://triplr.org/rdfa-turtle/http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.html
Note there is some wierdness like wot:assurance [ dc:title [] a h:a ];
I'm using a version of Fabian's XSLT to run this - I had to make
fixes to make it use namespaces properly with libxslt.

I just get the general feeling RDFa is not yet ready for
general use and it would be risky to endorse or use now.

... although I can appreciate the irony of emailing this as
the author of Turtle which is just a web page :)

Dave, speaking just for myself