Re: [RDFa] ISSUE-3 @class and @role for rdf:type

I am a bit uneasy with the usage of @class. _I know_ that the formal
semantics of @class allows this type of usage, and I also know that the
microformat community uses that trick, I still feel that usage @class is
putting a semantics into the attribute that a lambda user would not
expect. (And yes, I am also uneasy with the way the microformats reuse
attributes like title, class, or abbr...).

I would prefer to use a dedicated attribute if we need it (or simply
stick to the rel="rdf:type", which is at disposal anyway).

I must admit I am not fully familiar with the discussion behind @role to
decide whether @role should be introduced in RDFa for XTHML1, too, to
cover this usage, or whether a different @type or similar should be
introduced. I guess this discussion should start _if_ ISSUE-3 is not
resolved for @class

Ivan

P.S. Having said all that: I do not consider this issue as life
threatening:-) Ie, resolving it quickly is probably more important than
spending lots of time finding the best solution.