Re: A Proposal for subject setting by @class

Hi Ben,

I think the use-case and motivation are fine. I would rather see this
resolved along the lines I mentioned in another thread, namely "what
is the minimum amount of RDFa needed to generate a triple?"

Looking at the big picture, it seems that if we agree on your proposal
we will *always* generate a  triple when we have a predicate.
Obviously we'll generate triples in other conditions too, but if you
see @rel, @rev, @property or @the_attribute_that_shall_not_be_named on
an element you know that you are *definitely* going to get one or more
triples generated. (As Ivan says in a separate thread,
@the_attribute_that_shall_not_be_named is only a shorthand for
@rel="rdf:type", so it's still a predicate.)

I think that's a fair enough rule to try to put into more detail and
would probably be easier to remember than having to know each
attribute's behaviour separately. This suggestion doesn't change the
core of your proposal, only how we try to explain it when we write it
up.

--
  Mark Birbeck, formsPlayer

  mark.birbeck@x-port.net | +44 (0) 20 7689 9232