Re: My no-longer pseudo code, the way I understand it:-)

Well,

I did not really care about validation, to be honest. The XHTML part
should be changed anyway, because the meta is still in the <body> part.
For the sake of this mail, let me reproduce the core of the thing:

[[[
    <link about="" rel="dc:creator"
href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/1109404" />
]]]

The sparql part says:

[[[
ASK WHERE {
 ?x0 <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/title> "Internet Applications" .
 <http://internet-apps.blogspot.com/>
<http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/creator>
<http://www.blogger.com/profile/1109404> .
}
]]]

which seems to suggest that the value of ?x0 is still pending. pyRdfa
returns:

[[[
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<rdf:RDF
  xmlns:rdf='http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#'
  xmlns:dc='http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/'

  <rdf:Description rdf:about="0004.xhtml">
    <dc:title>Internet Applications</dc:title>
  </rdf:Description>
  <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://internet-apps.blogspot.com/">
    <dc:creator rdf:resource="http://www.blogger.com/profile/1109404"/>
  </rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>
]]]

which I claim _is_ correct (with the caveat that it refers to the file
name for "" and not to the test URI). Ie, the value of ?x0 should be, in
my view:

<http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/xhtml1-testcases/Test0004.xhtml>

The test _is_ a bit tricky indeed: the <meta> inherits from its parent
the @about value as a subject, but I do not believe that setting the
xml:base should change the value of that inherited subject implicitly.
That is why I believe that the result of pyRdfa is correct...

Ivan