Re: XHTML-RDFa draft made public

Without stirring up a hornets nest here....  First, let me say that I am
solely responsible for the contents of the draft.  If there are
editorial errors, they are mine alone.

Ivan Herman wrote:
> - Section 4: some of the examples listed here seem to go beyond the
> current content model of HTML, namely the fact that a meta element can
> have a child, that it refers to the element being the child of 'link'.
> It also refers to a list of predefined values in the XHTML2 namespace.
> The current direction of RDFa is *not* to bind it to XHTML2; this is a
> crucial point in the deployment strategy of RDFa
It is my understanding that extending the content model of link and meta
is essential to permitting the types of annotation that you all wanted.
Certainly it is possible that the RDFa minimal content model in this
module, which is an XHTML Modularizaiton 1.x module, NOT a 2.x module,
can be whatever you all think is reasonable.  I don't care.

With regard to the predefined values... I guess we need to clarify what
you are concerned about.

First, this is the XHTML namespace, not the XHTML 2 namespace.  (There
is no longer an XHTML 2 namespace.)

Second, the values of @rel for example, are the ones that we need to
preserve from M12N 1 + some that the working group decided to add.

Third, the values for @property are ones that the working group
identified as important values for extending the property mapping model
to deal with shortcomings in the longdesc attribute, the title
attribute, and some other places.  In addition, since @property is meant
to replace @name, values that are commonly used in @name (unprefixed)
needed to be included in the set defined to be in the XHTML 1 namespace.

I hope this clarifies some of the issues you have raised.  I look
forward to continued discussion and evolution of the draft document.  If
anyone wants to assist in editing - I am totally open to that!