Re: RDFa reliance on namespace declaration

On 19/06/2006 03:12, Karl Dubost wrote:

> Hmmm :)
> I don't think you disagree that much Ian and Mark, quite the opposite
> but with a different scope. And it's why it's very important to specify
> the version of XHTML/HTML you are using in all cases.
>
> * What Ian is proposing in
>     Towards Copy and Paste eRDF
>     June 13, 2006 @ 6:37 pm
> http://iandavis.com/blog/2006/06/towards-copy-and-paste-erdf
> is a mechanism which makes it usable with HTML 4.01 and XHTML 1.0.

Actually this thread doesn't concern eRDF at all. What I'm interested in
is why RDFa uses qnames, which I've shown to be fragile, when the
following would work just as well and be robust when used with all
current XML tools:

       type="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#date"
       content="2006-01-02">

> * Mark is proposing a system which is only usable with XHTML 2.0

That's not relevant to this discussion. RDFa needs new markup so it
can't be XHTML 1.0. Hopefully it'll be expressible as an XHTML module.

Ian

--
http://purl.org/NET/iand
Blogging at... http://iandavis.com/blog