Re: Discussion on DB-12?

On 17/10/11 21:46, Axel Polleres wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As for
>
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011Sep/0008.html
>

> David Booth suggests we add the following in SPARQL 1.1 update:
>
> [[
> If a graph is created implicitly by an update operation, then the
> behavior of the Graph Store MUST be functionally equivalent to its
> behavior if the graph had been created explicitly by a CREATE operation.
> ]]
>
> I have no strong feelings about this, but also think it doesn't harm as
> clarification. So, modulo objections (please let me know), I for now added
> that sentence in the editors draft and have prepared a  response draft along
> those lines at: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:DB-12
>
> let me know if any objections or otherwise please send a short approval of my draft response,
> Axel

This is a detail that should be covered by the formal section.

Normative text in "3.1.1 INSERT DATA" isn't the right place.

4.3.1 Insert Data Operation

OpInsertData(GS, QuadPattern) = Dataset-UNION(GS,
Dataset(QuadPattern,{},GS,GS))

4.3.3 Delete Insert Operation

4.4.1 Create Operation
OpCreate(GS, iri) = Dataset-UNION(GS, (iri, {}))

all go through "Dataset-UNION" so it looks like it already says that anyway.

So I think it already says it and in the right place.