Re: rq25.xml r1.223 & last call

On 2011-04-19, at 13:53, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> On 19/04/11 09:28, Steve Harris wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I just committed a change to rq25.xml which addresses the last of Birte's comments that was outstanding. I now think that my part of the SPARQL Query doc is ready for last call.
>>
>> Consider that penance for not being able to make the telecon :)
>>
>> - Steve
>>

> My list for rq25 is:
>
> 1/ ZeroLengthPath: include literals.
> 2/ Fix definition of dataset-merge, or remove it
>
> 3/ URIs for all functions (rq25 edits, Andy ; namespace document ?)
>
> 4/ Check "Testing values" => "Expressions and Testing Values" (Andy)
> 5/ Do we need function IRI(relStr, baseStrOrIRI)? - resolves a relative or absolute IRI-as-string against a base (as string or IRI)
> 6/ Formalize CONSTRUCT/ASK.

Actually, now I think about it, Andy didn't you have some cleanup task you needed me to do? Or have I done that already?

> 1 and 2 need to be done for LC but aren't large.
>
> 3 is process foo.
> 4 and 5 are noise.
> 6 is "if time"
>
> Upcoming: given the possible direction of RDf-WG, editting to remove all "named graphs" isms may be necessary but (1) it's commonly used language so, frankly, it's ours now :-) and (2) I don't know of better terminology.

Yeah, the prevailing attitude at the RDF-WG F2F seemed to be "that's a horrible name, but were stuck with it now", I think it's entered common usage in the community, even if it's misleading/wrong from some p.o.v. As a non-logic-talking guy I don't really see anything wrong with it FWIW.

> Comments (I presume we need to clear the comments before LC):

Ah, yes, I have some outstanding actions around there. I'd like to clear my actions before starting the process, just incase there's a nasty surprise lurking in there.

> I have one outstanding comment / follow-up:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011Apr/0006.html
>

> Steve - shall we start the publication checking process?  I think it's your turn to start this time ...  My edits can sneak in as the doc is sorted out.

Yeah, it's my turn. Can someone point me to the documentation?

Steve Harris, CTO, Garlik Limited
1-3 Halford Road, Richmond, TW10 6AW, UK
+44 20 8439 8203  http://www.garlik.com/