Re: rq25.xml String functions definitions - first shot (ACTION-350)

I see the following two options to go ahead:

1) allow PLWL as input, and then also return PLWL (ie applying encode() only to the lexical form and leaving lang tag untouched, i.e.
    encode_for_uri("Los Angeles"@en)  -->	"Los%20Angeles"@en

2) leave it "as is" i.e. require workaround encode(str()) for Steve's use case

Andy, would 1) work for you?
Or, Steve, is the encode(str()) workaround sufficient for you to leave the def. "as is"?

Axel (no particular preference)