Re: Another thing on property paths...

On 17 Dec 2010, at 10:54, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> What changes to
>
> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/query-1.1/rq25.xml#defn_evalZeroPath
>
> are you proposing?

Do I understand correctly, that the current definition does exactly what I propose? :-)

If so - phew :-) Probably, I was just mislead by:

"
Definition: ZeroLengthPath

A zero length path matches all subjects and all objects in the graph,
            and also any IRIs explictly given as endpoints of the path pattern.
"

in Section 18.1.6. Because this sounded to me like Cartesian product.

Can I suggest to reformulate this as:

"
Definition: ZeroLengthPath

A zero length path matches all subjects, objects, and also any IRIs explictly given as endpoints of the path pattern,
to themselves."

BTW, I am not clear why you include IRIs mentioned in SERVICE patterns, what about IRIs explicitly mentioned in GRAPH
patterns then? Shouldn't there at least be aremark about why those aren't matched

Thanks for the quick clarification & best,
Axel