Re: what functions should we include in SPARQL 1.1?

> >   which we may want to reuse, or should we uniformly refer to the
> >
> >      http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql-functions#
> >
> >   for all functions (also the xs: ones?
>
> Reuse where possible.

Remembering that we had this discussion partly before, one argument against reuse and for uniformly using a single
namespace was that this single namespace would indicate exactly the interchangeable functions within the SPARQL1.1 spec
and that these functions then would be usable without a namespace prefix as simple keywords of the language. I also think
that would make it simpler, in terms of that it might not be clear upfront which XPath/XQuery functions are supposed to be supported and which aren't, i.e.
I am worried the recommendation of *some* fn: functions might be misunderstood that all fn: functions are to be supported, even if we explain the contrary
it explicitly in the document. A fixed set of URIs in the SPARQL namespace (which can be left sounds more compelling to me, and IMO is easier to explain to users.
BTW, that wouldn't preclude that some of the sparqlfn: URIs just redirect to fn: URIs, right?

If I remember correctly, Andy was more for keeping the XPath prefixes where possible, whereas, given the above arguments, I was more leaning
towards a single namespace for the set of SPARQL1.1 recommended functions. (Other) opinions?

Axel