Re: Thinking out lout about some strange SPARQL entailment test cases...

On 27 Aug 2010, at 23:32, Birte Glimm wrote:

> On 27 August 2010 20:13, Polleres, Axel <axel.polleres@deri.org> wrote:
> > Yes, the second one was meant as D-entailment test case, and I expected both not to return any result.
>
> Because it is not well-formed RDF or because you think it is not entailed?

What would be entailed was

_:SURROGATE_BNODE_FOR_1 a xsd:integer

cf. entailment rule rdfD1 (Section 7.4) in the informative entailment rules of rdf-mt [1].
but at the moment we don't bother about "surrogate" bnodes for literals, but only return
terms appearing in the orignal graph. (similarly for the RDFS example) I only meant those test cases for making that clear to users/implementers: That is, if I implement RDFS/D entailment by implementing the informative entailment rules, I get results which are not mandated by our current definitions of RDFS/D entailment in SPARQL.

Hope that the intention is clearer now,
Axel

1. http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/