Re: protocol issues and do we need a dedicated TC on them?

Hi,

On 27 Jul 2010, at 16:25, Axel Polleres wrote:

[...]
> More ISSUEs not yet listed?

> ISSUE-A: concrete result format of update

We agreed that Update (language-wise) will only return success or failure.
Do you want to discuss how to model that in the Protocol or is that another issue ?

Alex.

> ISSUE-B: Where do we (need to) say something about transactionality?
>
> We have closed the ISSUES regarding transactionality, but - WHERE do we mention
> the conclusion of this discussion, I suggest to add an appendix "Transactionality/Concurrency" to protocol noting:
>
> "Any compliant SPARQL1.1 implementation SHOULD treat every (HTTP) request atomically. SPARQL1.1 does not specify any further
> restrictions regarding transactionality and concurrency, although specific implementations may satisfy stronger guarantees."

Dr. Alexandre Passant
Digital Enterprise Research Institute
National University of Ireland, Galway
:me owl:sameAs <http://apassant.net/alex> .