Re: Shortcuts in Update

On 19/07/2010 3:17 PM, Alexandre Passant wrote:
> Well, besides the temporal graphs use-case, I'm indeed seeing these operations as an easy way to aggregate / transmit data from / between different graphs.
>
> E.g. :
>
> I want to add dbpedia data into my default graph: "ADD<http://dbpedia.org/data/SPARQL>  INTO DEFAULT"
> Then, I want to create a new DEFAULT graph every X days, but keep the previous state somewhere (overall and per-period). "
> COPY DEFAULT INTO<http://example.org/backup>
> MOVE DEFAULT INTO<http://example.org/timestamp>
> "
>
> etc.
>
> I still believe that these shortcuts (as pointed out by Andy, coming from known shell command), might reduce the learning curve for such use-cases.
>
> Alex.

There is a correspondence to the RESTful operations where the shortcut
operations uses graphs in the store as source while the REST operations
use the message body.

"Set contents to"  : PUT : COPY (and LOAD)
"Append data"      : POST : ADD
"Remove"           : DELETE : DROP
"Rename"           : PUT then DELETE : MOVE