Re: Some Embedding necessary for RIF-Simple - Was Re: [TF-Ent] RIF Core Entailment section

Ivan,

I can confirm that your basic intuition about the combinations is
correct.
Chime may not have fully understood the RIF model theory. RIF does not
have a minimal model semantics; it has a standard first-order style
model theory.
Let's consider the empty RIF document R. Since it is empty, there are
no constraints on the models, and so every RIF interpretation is a
model of R, in particular also every interpretation that satisfies the
formula :a#:b.
If we now look at combinations of R with the graph S={:a a :b. } we
have that only RIF structures I that satisfy :a#:b can be part of
common models. Certainly, such structures I satisfy R, and so the
combination is satisfiable.

Cheers, Jos

-- sent from my PDA