Re: side remarks on the shortcut discussion for INSERT/DELETE...

Thanks Andy for the summary/clarifications...

On 12 Feb 2010, at 14:23, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> So our problem is that we have not documented the current working design
> yet.  Let me risk doing so: Paul - is this right?
>

> One short form:
>
> DELETE WHERE { quadTemplate }
>
> where quadTemplate is a construct-like tripleTemplate or GRAPH <g> {
> tripleTemplate or a mixture.
>
> GRAPH ?g {..} is also legal.
>
> Triples refer to the default graph.

The current WD [1] has

DELETE { quadTemplate }

as the short form, that is, the WHERE clause is optional...
... and right, no short form for INSERT necessary.

Axel

1. http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-sparql11-update-20100126/