Re: RDF datasets for SPARQL Update?

On 23/11/2009 17:36, Lee Feigenbaum wrote:
> I'll let Steve speak, but I meant rethink it for SPARQL *Update* - no
> one was proposing changing SPARQL Query's model, since we need to ensure
> backwards compatibility. Sorry for any confusion.

I read it as for SPARQL Update and nothing else :-)

The query model is embedded in global naming via URIs and in AWWW so
it's a bit out of scope to make changes :-)

There is a big difference with update - the server can now be
responsible for the current, definitive set of data for the graph,
primarily for URIs within it's part of the global namespace but we have
to think through the implications for updates to graphs named by other
parties.

 Andy