Re: [TF-ENT] Querying datasets with default plus named graphs

> > It also raises an issue on the RIF side. RIF rules cannot be
> expressed in
> > RDF. How would one add RIF rules to an entailement regime if we
> wanted to
> > cover RIF? It might be a showstopper for that case:-(
>
> In my total RIF naivity, I would assume you can say:
>
> SELECT ?o FROM <http://example.org/myrules.rif> WHERE { :s :p ?o . }

I was thinking that one viable alternative would be viewing RIF
rulesets rather at the
level of *defining* an entailment regimes in their own right,
thus having them more at the level of service descriptions...

So, one could define say in SD

    myEndpoint sd:EntailmentRegime sd:rdfs .

    myEndpoint sd:EntailmentRegime sd:owl .

or, alternatively:

     myEndpoint sd:EntailmentRegime <http://example.org/myCustomEntailmentRules.rif

where <http://example.org/myCustomEntailmentRules.rif> points to a RIF
ruleset, describing the supported entailment rules.

Alternatively, we could also allow to use

  owl:imports to refer to RIF rulesets (just as RIF allows in its own
imports directive to refer to OWL ontologies, cf. [1]

Axel

1. http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/SWC#Importing_RDF_and_OWL_in_RIF