Re: [TF-ENT] RDFS entailment regime proposal

2009/9/28 Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>:
> [...]

Well, but under RDFS semantics you have to check consistency first
anyway since an inconsistent graph entails all tuples. Bad lexical
forms are not causing an inconsistency, only when combined with an
assertion that the range of the used property/predicate is
rdfs:Literal or rdf:XMLLiteral. Thus, if you parse a data set and find
a literal that has a bad lexical form, you better check consistency
anyway and after that you know whether your data is legal or not.
Also, if a user asks
SLEECT ?x WHERE { ?x <ex:b> <ex:c> . }
I would expect an error because I wrote SEELCT instead of SELECT and I
should be told that the query is not a legal query. Similarly
SELECT ?x WHERE { ?x <ex:b> <ex:c> <ex:forthInATriple> . }
should give me an error, right?

I can see your point for simple entailment, but for RDFS entailment I
would think that illegal data or query are best treated by an error.

Birte

--
Dr. Birte Glimm, Room 306
Computing Laboratory