Re: DESCRIBE ENDPOINT

On Wednesday 01 July 2009 14:50:05 Gregory Williams wrote:
> Doesn't this assume that you have control over the entire server? This
> would be a non-starter for any endpoint that didn't, e.g. a directory-
> based apache handler, or a CGI.

Yup, that's partly why I suggested it as an optional feature. To support a
feature that says "this is what this server can do", you would necessarily
need to have some influence of the server config anyway, but indeed, not
everyone can be expected to support this. I don't know how big that problem
would be in reality though?

> And there's still the tool support issue of using OPTIONS, compared to
> the much more prevalent GET/HEAD/POST verbs.

Yeah, it is a real problem, but nevertheless, I think it is better than
nothing for those who can use it, and I see no obvious drawbacks for those
that do.

Kind regards

Kjetil Kjernsmo
--
Senior Knowledge Engineer / SPARQL F&R Editor
Mobile: +47 986 48 234

|  SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE  |

Computas AS  PO Box 482, N-1327 Lysaker | Phone:+47 6783 1000 | Fax:+47 6783
1001