Re: Reflections on Update

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com> wrote:

> A possible core:
>
> CLEAR
> INSERT DATA { triples }
> DELETE DATA { triples }
> MODIFY DELETE { template } INSERT {template } WHERE { pattern }
>

> And later:
>  Graph management
>  Graph store
>  Multi graph operations

I like this idea and I really like this division; my suggestion would
be, for the sake of compromise, to put the "And later" bits out of
scope for this round of SPARQL standardization, in order to get to
more stuff like time-permitting bits.

I think this is in-keeping with the Charter, which says "Insert,
update, and delete: building on SPARQL to modify RDF data stores,
including using HTTP Post" -- I certainly didn't think graph
management, store, multi-graph ops were included in that when my org
voted on the Charter. FWIW.

Cheers,
Kendall