Re: "OWL" Entailment

On 7 May 2009, at 10:39, Bijan Parsia wrote:

> So, two other things.
>
> One, I keep including "simple entailment" in my list of possibles,
> but that's already what we have (with conditions to ensure no extra
> entailment driven bnodey answers).
>
> Two, it would be helpful to have a way to indicate whether the
> answers are complete wrt to the query and the kb under the requested
> semantics. An attribute in the result set would do the job.
>
> More sophisticatedly, a way to indicate timeouts that would be
> helpful.

Agreed, that's something we do with longrunning or resource intensive
SPARQL queries too. The way we indicate it requires something like http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Feature:ExecCommentsAndWarnings
  though.

Steve Harris
Garlik Limited, 2 Sheen Road, Richmond, TW9 1AE, UK
+44(0)20 8973 2465  http://www.garlik.com/
9AD