Re: DISTINCTness of literals

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 11:22:10AM +0100, Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> We left open what to do about literals of the same value in DISTINCT
> results.
>
> I propose that term-distinct apply to literals, and not a form of
> value-distinct.

+1, for all the resasons that you mention below, plus one can
postprocess to get value-distinct.

> SPARQL is defined for simple entailment anyway so for this entailment
> regime it would be term-distinct for literals.  I propose that rq24 only
> talk about this.

+1 as I am in favor o
This will make it much easier to implement in simple SQL store, and

--
-eric

home-office: +1.617.395.1213 (usually 900-2300 CET)
	    +33.1.45.35.62.14
cell:       +33.6.73.84.87.26

(eric@w3.org)
email address distribution.