Re: ACTION item(s): definition(s) and an algorithm for postprocessing minimization

On 24 Aug 2006, at 17:52, Pat Hayes wrote:

>>>                                                         ^^^
>>> value?
>>
>> I just needed a random URI prefix. Substitute any you like.
>
> We did once consider a proposal to have a special 'anonymous'
> prefix, basically an IRI space solely for skolem names, as part of
> the spec. That idea kind of died, I think (?) because it was felt
> to be artificial and not in the IRI spirit of rock-solid eternal
> universal identifiers that retain their meaning throughout the
> known universe, but it might be worth reconsidering it. There are
> emails about this in the archive somewhere but I confess I can't
> actually find them now.

For the record, JXT (my RDF store that runs on clusters) uses the
bnode: URI space to skolemise bnodes reported in SPARQL results, eg.
<bnode>foo</bnode> can be referred to in subsequent queries as the
URI <bnode:foo>.

I was going to use <_:foo> but I had some problems related to parsing
that.