Re: bnodes as answer bindings

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 05:03:38PM +0200, Enrico Franconi muttered something about:
> I couldn't even read the message up to the end.
> It is so intrinsically arrogant and full of ignorance that does not
> deserve wasting time on it - and it is from an "invited" expert. I am
> astonished.

Okay, folks, we are DONE with this kind of stuff on this mailing list.

If you feel a need to say something negative about someone, TAKE IT OFF LIST!

And apologies to Enrico for picking on him, as he's not the first or worst
offender, but it has to stop *now*.

> In fact, this is happening exactly when the excellent Jorge Pérez
> (from the database community) found a *serious* bug - of which I am
> co-responsible - in the entailment semantics of BGPs, which nobody
> spotted so far and which invalidates the core of the current
> document.

Two things:

1. that's what external review is for. So the process is working.

2. there are action items in the group to respond to Perez's comments, which
will happen as soon as someone finds the time and energy to do it.

All is *not* lost, Enrico. :>

> Shall I spend time to fix it? I probably will - since this
> is my job as a scientist - but I am not sure that this will happen in
> the context of this group. This is the proof that a W3C working group
> shouldn't attempt at doing things that are not consolidated, since no
> space is left to do serious research and serious discussions. Is Sir
> t. aware of that? Is W3C making good use of my money and of my work
> as a volunteer for it?
> I guess that the DAWG needs a big 'good luck',

Responding to this doesn't solve any of our technical problems, so I'm not
going to respond. If you want to discuss this stuff seriously, contact
me off-list, please.

Cheers,
Kendall Clark
--