Re: 7 tests to induct xsd:boolean into SPARQL

Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:

>>> I ran the tests in tests/data/ValueTesting:
>>> Tests = 14 : Successes = 11 : Errors = 0 : Failures = 3
>>>
>>> ==== "typePromotion-decimal-decimal-pass"
>>> typePromotion-decimal-decimal-pass.rq
>>>
>>> Test fails:
>>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005OctDec/0339.html
>> agreed -- due to the first line in the second table that says that the
>> result of two integer operations is an interger (which is a little odd
>> because integer is the only derived type with that behavoior, but i
>> expect they have their reasons).
>>
>>> ==== "boolean-false-canonical"
>>>
>>> Should be two results if graph matching is done by value.
>>> #ftext and #fdigit both match the value false.
>>>
>>> Uses rdfs:value.
>>>
>>> ==== "boolean-true-canonical"
>>>
>>> As "boolean-false-canonical", there are 2 matches if the graph matching
>>> done by value on the objects.
>>>
>>> #ttext and #tdigit both match the value true.
>> These two both depend on whether we require D-entailment (two
>> answers), avoid D-entailment (one answer), or limit ourselves to tests
>> that are agnostic about D-entailment (strike the test).
>
> And furthermore they depend on whether the D-entailment is done in the graph
> or in the query engine.  I [*] was doing some D-entailment in the query engine
> because that way the input graph syntax is maintained - users like reading in
> and writing out to look the "same".
>
> For me, the tests explain and illustrate the language but furthermore I'd like
> it if systems would use them as part of their test suites.
>
> I flipped to the plainest of plain graph implementations and it passes those
> two tests.

More ...

(DanC: please note)

Somewhile ago I added tests at Dan's request to show the relationship between
filters and graphs.

I reran tests with the plainest of plain graph implementations and some of
these now do not pass.

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/ExprEquals/

Equality 1-1 -- graph
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/ExprEquals/query-eq-graph-1.rq

Equality 1-2 -- graph
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/ExprEquals/query-eq-graph-2.rq

Equality - 2 var - test equals -- graph
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/ExprEquals/query-eq2-graph-1.rq

To take one of them:
    { ?x :p ?v . FILTER ( ?v = 1 ) . }
and
     { ?x :p 1 }
are not the same any more because the 1 does not graph-match "1"^^xsd:double.

I have commented out these tests for now because they are not approved and
seem to be wrong.  There's a brief note in the manifest.

	Andy