Re: 7 tests to induct xsd:boolean into SPARQL

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 11:45:29AM +0000, Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> >A while ago, it became clear that, since we were talking about
> >xsd:boolean in the spec, the type should probably be recognized by
> >SPARQL. To that end, I've created these tests:
> >
> >EBV result is the same as xsd:boolean
> >-> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/#boolean-logical-or
> >
> >"false"^^xsd:boolean = "0"^^xsd:boolean
> >-> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/#boolean-equiv-false
> >
> >"true"^^xsd:boolean = "1"^^xsd:boolean
> >-> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/#boolean-equiv-true
> >
> >T=T T=1 1=T 1=1 F=F F=0 0=F 0=0
> >-> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/#boolean-equiv-xsdtype
> >
> >graph match canonical lexical form of "false"
> >-> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/#boolean-false-canonical
> >
> >graph match on the canonical lexical form of "true"
> >-> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/#boolean-true-canonical
> >
> >= match on the canonical lexical result of an EBV
> >-> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/#boolean-ebv-canonical
> >

> I ran the tests in tests/data/ValueTesting:
> Tests = 14 : Successes = 11 : Errors = 0 : Failures = 3
>
> ==== "typePromotion-decimal-decimal-pass"
> typePromotion-decimal-decimal-pass.rq
>
> Test fails:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005OctDec/0339.html

agreed -- due to the first line in the second table that says that the
result of two integer operations is an interger (which is a little odd
because integer is the only derived type with that behavoior, but i
expect they have their reasons).

> ==== "boolean-false-canonical"
>
> Should be two results if graph matching is done by value.
> #ftext and #fdigit both match the value false.
>
> Uses rdfs:value.
>
> ==== "boolean-true-canonical"
>
> As "boolean-false-canonical", there are 2 matches if the graph matching
> done by value on the objects.
>
> #ttext and #tdigit both match the value true.

These two both depend on whether we require D-entailment (two
answers), avoid D-entailment (one answer), or limit ourselves to tests
that are agnostic about D-entailment (strike the test).

Some argument could be made for the latter, though I would expect some
text in rq23 to tell the world that they can't count on the presence
or absense of D-entailment. We can't make allowances like this for all
concievable entailments, but we can for D-entailment, RDFS and OWL-* .

--
-eric

                        5322 Endo, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 252-8520
                        JAPAN