Re: [Fwd: major technical: no subqueries]

On Jan 12, 2006, at 6:21 PM, Dan Connolly wrote:

> This seems like a reasonably coherent argument for a new requirement,
> complete with rationale and use case.
>
> If you support this requirement and would like to see us add it
> to the critical path, please say so.

I wanted subqueries in SPARQL since the beginning. However, I fear
that if we took this requirement on right now, SPARQL would die. So
I'm for this being a major priority in SPARQL version 2, if there's
going to be such a thing.

> If not, please help me come up with justification that might
> satisfy the commentor.

The best one I can think of: doing it *now* may kill the whole thing
dead.

Cheers,
Kendall Clark