Re: HTTP Status Codes for QueryRequestRefused

On Jan 11, 2006, at 5:28 AM, Steve Harris wrote:

> I care, but I dont totally understand the issues (I'm WSDL
> illiterate). I
> want to be able to send back any reasonable HTTP code for uncommon
> conditions (eg. server segfaults, out of memory), but as far as I
> can see
> you both think that should be OK.

I do. I don't think Andy does because of the "must" and the broad way
he reads "refuses". But I've proposed text to Andy that he seems to
favor, so we'll see how that goes.

My other suggestion was just to drop this WSDL fault completely. I've
convinced myself that it's pretty useless and unnecessary.

> OTOH I could argue that at that stage its just not a SPARQL
> service, as
> its not capable of processing anything at all.

Exactly. The problem, of course, with overloading things is ambiguity.

Cheers,
Kendall
--
You're part of the human race