Re: HTTP Status Codes for QueryRequestRefused

On Jan 6, 2006, at 2:09 PM, Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> Mine is that the protocol document says a QueryRequestRefused
> *must* be returned and that "*must*" is an absolute requirement
> (using RFC2119 terminolgy).  That leaves no room to return another
> status code and claim to be an implementation of the SPARQL interface.

There are conditions under which that is the *WSDL fault* to return.
which has nothing whatever to do with any HTTP status code that isn't
*serializing* a fault.

RFC 2119 terminology doesn't control WSDL or its interaction with the
HTTP spec.

>> If you want a statement to that effect in the document, I drafted
>> one  in my previous message. You reject it because you think it
>> contradicts "intended interaction". But it doesn't.
>
> If that is:
>
> "A SPARQL Protocol service may employ the full range of HTTP status
> codes consistent with the usage of QueryRequestRefused and
> MalformedQuery as describe in section 2.1.4."

Nope, that wasn't an offer, for reasons I explained clearly. (Why are
we singling out HTTP status codes? Why not HTTP headers too?)

Cheers,
Kendall