Re: Blank node identifiers in FILTER clauses

On Jun 28, 2006, at 5:15 AM, Jeen Broekstra wrote:

> I can live with either of these and have a slight preference for the
> second. To be honest I could live without the blank nodes in queries
> altogether. They are confusing and annoying (this discussion is a case
> in point), and I find the supposed 'cut&paste' benefit
> unconvincing. But
> that station is passed I guess.

I couldn't agree more. I wasn't convinced by it as a reason, offered
by TimBL, for turtleizing our syntax, and I'm even less
convinced by it now. It's the biggest single wart on SPARQL and I
wish we could chop it off w/out mercy.

But I'm also not convinced that it's too late. If the WG decides to
do it, and will put in the work to make it happen,
then it's "merely" a matter of doing the work.

Cheers,
Kendall