Re: saddle?

Kendall Clark wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've had two separate queries in the past few days about SADDLE. So, I
> have two questions:
>
> 1. does anyone have a copy of any of that work? I fear it only exists in
> CVS somewhere, as an old revision of the editor's draft of the protocol
> spec. I'll be trawling through that looking for bits, but if someone has
> something else ready-to-hand, that would be great.
>
> As I recall the majority of the work done on this was done at the Boston
> F2F. Maybe someone has some notes from that?
>
> 2. is there any interest in restarting work on SADDLE sooner rather than
> later, on the assumption that 2 recent queries probably may be the tip
> of an iceberg -- okay, probably not iceberg, but if 2 people asked, I
> assume lots of other people wondered and didn't ask.
>
> Cheers,
> Kendall

A couple of data points:

http://esw.w3.org/topic/SparqlEndpointDescription

and there is a student (Bastian Quilitz) here working on the problem from
the point of view of information needed to federate queries.  That work
looks promising although it's evolving nature may also be a sign that the
problem space is not completely scoped out yet.  Problem definition woudl
seem to be a possible next step (XG? IG? ad hoc on the ESW wiki?)

	Andy