Re: Small errors in SPARQL Protocol examples

Greetings, Everyone:

Replying to myself to correct something / suggest a different protocol
change:

Lee Feigenbaum/Cambridge/IBM wrote on 10/24/2005 05:26:20 PM:

> Howdy -
>
> Looking at:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-wd/#query-bindings-soap
>
> Specifically at 2.3.1 SOAP Example:
>
> In the request, the outer "query" element should be "query-request".

This is still true.

> The inner "query" element right now has xmlns="" attached to it, which
should be
> removed.

This was not true. As the sparql-protocol-types.xsd schema stands now, the
inner "query" element is without a namespace and so the example is
correct.
That said, I think the schema should be updated so that all elements are
within the same namespace, whether they be top-level elements or
otherwise.
The easiest way to do this, I believe, is to add the attribute:

elementFormDefault="qualified"

to our <xs:schema> element.

> The Content-Length should then change appropriately =)
>
> Also, in the sample responses in 2.2.1.1 and 2.2.1.2, a couple of random
space
> characters seem to have wandered in on the sparql results format
XMLnamespace
> prefix declarations:
>
> <sparql xmlns="  http://www.w3.org/2005/sparql-results#">
>
> I was also wondering if anyone else found it worthwhile to expand
> the SOAP bindings example
> to include at least one default graph and one named graph? I don't
> mind only having a single
> SOAP example, but it'd probably be best, in my opinion, if it
> illustrated all of the elements that
> can comprise a query request.

Still all this.

> thanks,