Re: SPARQL Protocol Test Suite Update

Andy,

So are we going to merge the manifests? I think you worked around it for
now, but I think it'd better if we solved this early on so we don't have
almost identical schemas.

Regards,

Elias Torres
Software Engineer
IBM

"Seaborne, Andy" <andy.seaborne@hp.com> wrote on 10/24/2005 08:29:00 AM:

> Progress report:
>
> I have some of the select/ tests working.
>
> "working" is currently defined as issue the request and get back the
correct
> HTTP response - I will increase the checking later.
>
> Overall comments:
>
> 1/ I had to add a ptest:service triple to indicate which service to ask.
As
> the tests are on different configurations of services (e.g. with a fixed
> dataset vs one described in the protocol), I need to ask different
services
> for different tests.

I updated from CVS and did not find this new predicate. Do you mean
something like:

ptest:service <http://sparl.org/books> ?

> 2/ Data formats.
>
> The name in the protocol request does not indicate the syntax of the
> data.  e.g.
>
>        ptest:defaultGraph [
>            ptest:graphName example:books;
>            ptest:graphData
> <http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-
> tests/data/select/svcsupplied-data.ttl>
>             ] ;
>
> The easiest way round this is to use only RDF/XML.

Should we add a predicate to the test? Is this a protocol matter whether
both servers/clients do auto content-type discovery or content-negotiation?

> 3/ Comments on manifest vocabulary as before.
>

> Test comments::
>
> == "select-svcsupplied" - passed
>
> == "select-simple" - passed
>
> == "select-complex" - passed
>
> == "select-queryonly"
>
> Wasn't sure what to do with <http://my.example/alice> and
> <http://my.example/bob>.  They aren't GETtable.

This is what I pointed out in my first email to the list. That's why the
dataSet has a graphName and graphLocation so I could do a search and
replace on the query before executing the test. However, I'm not sure if
this defeats the purpose of the test or not. Probably not.

> == "select-ambiguous"
>
> No data for ambiguous-foaf-alice.n3 and ambiguous-foaf-bob.n3
> CVS sync problems?

No CVS sync problems. I have not finished this test yet.

> == "select-malformed" - passed
>
> == "select-refused"
>
> Not sure why the query is to be refused.
>
> I'd return a 400 (BAD REQUEST) if query is sent that the (mythical)
service
> description had said it was not supported in some way (e.g. described
dataset
> but the service only has a fixed dataset).  It is not a server error if
the
> client sends a request the server has said it can't handle.
>
> [Insert discussion as to whether HTTP is an application protocol or not]
>
> == "select-longpost"
>
> The query is syntactically wrong (incomplete query pattern, the FROM
clause
> needs a URI).
>
> --------
>
> So far : 4 of 8 of the select/ tests pass.

That's excellent progress. You should be getting a gold star from DanC very
soon. BTW, they are not all expected to pass yet.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JulSep/0248.html