Re: rq23 grammar update

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 10:34 +0100, Seaborne, Andy wrote:
> Dan Connolly wrote:
[...]
> >>This grammar has no local lookahead and has been checked for LA requirements
> >>with JavaCC, it has been fed to yacker (it's grammar "afs1"
> >>http://www.w3.org/2005/01/yacker/uploads/afs1/bnf?lang=perl
> >>except from (3) above the character class difference isn't supported so it is a
> >>slightly weaker '<' ([^<>])* '>' .  Yacker produces bison, yacc and Perl-based
> >>parsers with no errors.
> >

> > Please let's share that info with the world. Let's publish those bison,
> > yacc, and perl-based parsers as non-normative linked files.
>
> +1 to publishing all the material we have.

I meant: please let's publish some of those other grammar formats as
part of this WD. I gather your +1 is to a different idea.

I suppose it's not 100% critical to include other grammar formats
in the WD, but it seems odd to ask people to cut-and-paste the
grammar rather than having a machine consume it directly as
source code from the WD.

>   + the JavaCC file.
>
> I've started a section:
> "Grammars and Parsers for SPARQL"
> on the
>    http://esw.w3.org/topic/SparqlImplementations
> page because there are other grammars in the works as well (e.g. Ivan's for rdflib).

That's also useful.

Do you still have the bison, yacc, and perl-based parsers that you
got from Yacker? If so, please mail them to me with a copy to
www-archive and I'll add links from SparqlImplementations.

>  > And turtle, if it's not much trouble.
> And an additional +1 to Turtle.
>
> 	Andy
D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E