ACTION: ericP to add "don't normalize" to rq23 -- DONE?

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 06:12:47PM -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
> 8. BASE IRI resolution comment
>
> ACTION: ericP to add "don't normalize" to rq23 (perhaps supplied in
> 0096)

[[
QNames are transformed into IRIs by appending the local name to the
namespace name. Relative IRIs are combined with base IRIs as per
Uniform Resource Identifier (URI): Generic Syntax [RFC3986] using only
the basic algorithm in Section 5.2 . Neither Syntax-Based
Normalization nor Scheme-Based Normalization (described in sections
6.2.2 and 6.2.3 of RFC3986) is performed. The resolution of relative
IRIs in SPARQL queries with no BASE is not defined.
]]

I defined QName resolution (not happy with it, but I think it's better
than nothing). Text was stolen from RDF Syntax [SYNTAX].

Somewhat counter to the advice of the comment [COMMENT], I used RFC
3986 to define relative IRI resolution.

This brought up the question of resolution if no BASE is present. I
use this feature in Algae a lot. BASE defaults to the URL of the
query, which means that, be it in a file or a web page, FILE and GRAPH
and the like can get to relative documents. Defining this would get
well into execution environment, prohibiting it would prohibit a lot
of convenient use cases, so I went with don't ask/don't tell.

> ACTION: EricP to add test in 0096 to rq23 tests. label "approved" and ref
> http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-dawg-minutes
> ACTION: ericP to send [OK?] message to Bjoern

waiting to see if this text is OK.

[SYNTAX] <http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-syntax-grammar-20040210/#section-Identifiers>
[COMMENT] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2005Jul/0042>
--