agenda: RDF Data Access 9 Aug

1. Convene, take roll, review records and agenda

for local time in a city near you, see

  tel:+1.617.761.6200 code:7333
  supplementary IRC chat:irc://
    log to appear:

scribe: Janne S.

  record for

next meeting: 16 Aug
  conflicts? scribe?

note the following done without discussion:

DONE DaveB: respond to "sparqlResults namespace" comment

DONE SteveH: update test matierials to show extendedType-eq-pass-result.n3 
approved in this 2 Aug meeting

continue the following without discussion:

ACTION: ericP to add "don't normalize" to rq23 (perhaps supplied in
ACTION: EricP to add test in 0096 to rq23 tests. label "approved" and ref
ACTION: ericP to send [OK?] message to Bjoern

ACTION: ericP to update rq23 to include the text of rq23/mime.txt reflect
security concearns

ACTION: DanC to follow up re optional test based on op:dateTime triple
ACTION: DaveB to to propose source test to approve
ACTION: SteveH to review the relevant test case re: IRI normalization ref
ACTION: AndyS to add the above graph test cases (analagous to valueTesting
test cases) (don't expect quick delivery) ref

ACTION: DanC to investigate having CVS commits send to the WG list

ACTION LeeF: draft WSDL 1.1 for SPARQL thingy with AndyS and Elias ETA 2 Sep
ACTION DanC: ask WSDL WG to review WSDL 1.1 and WSDL 2 SPARQL protocol stuff, 
once both are available

comments on agenda?

It's a few hours late. I gather that doesn't bother anybody too much.
Let me know if it does.

2. comment "Query forms should be resources, not operations"

DONE KC: ask Baker for clarification

Baker confirmed that's what he meant

3. toward Protocol last call

ACTION Elias: elaborate "DESCRIBE with simple RDF dataset" and a few
other examples

ACTION KendallC: update

ACTION SteveH: elaborate "CONSTRUCT with content negotiation" into a test case

ACTION EricP: discuss conformance w.r.t. WSDL 2 with PLH and send some notes to 
the WG, preferably including suggested text for conformance

ACTION AndyS: review proto-wd/ as LC candidate after signal from KC, perhaps by 9 Aug but more likely 16 Aug

seems to be in progress; see "Andy's review..." thread.

ACTION EricP: review protocol document for last call when KendallC says it's ready

ACTION SteveH: review proto-wd by 16th Aug, if not 9th Aug

4. comment "Security Considerations"

I think this is sort of a "series editor" thing. I guess I should
elaborate in email, but I'm not sure I'll have time before
the telcon...

5. "SPARQL Query Results XML Format: XML 1.1" comment

I'd like to see test cases that show how XML 1.1 interacts
with the results format.

6. "SPARQL Results Format and Unbound Variables" comment

This seems to be new information; perhaps designs that better
achieve our design objective...

 4.7 Bandwidth-efficient Protocol

7. "Backslashes in string literals" comment

DONE AndyS: take the "Backslashes in string literals" comment

I gather from email discussion that there are a number of design
alternatives. I'll try to enumerate them, straw poll, and decide. We'll see.

8. issues#sort

comment: "ORDER with IRIs"

and approve. If the conclusion
of the spec can't already be justfied from the text, let's fix the

9. issues#valueTesting

ACTION DaveB: make 'XXI'^^:romanNumeral  = 21 and points nearby into test cases 
(or ask questions in email).

10. issues#badIRIRef

ACTION AndyS: draft language re <foo###bar> errors
ACTION AndyS: Use IRI ref not RDF URI ref as world has moved on

(those are at least in progress)

Dan Connolly, W3C
D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E

Received on Monday, 8 August 2005 16:25:48 UTC