Re: Andy's review of the the protocol doc (part II)

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 12:24:41PM +0100, Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> From "B. HTTP Bindings"
> v1.56
>
> ==== "a. SELECT with no RDF dataset"
>
> ==>
> "a. SELECT with service-provided dataset"
>
> There is no RDF dataset description provided in the protocol request of
> query language string but there is a dataset - it's fixed by the service.

Ah, yes, of course. Excellent catch Andy. Makes me feel dumb. :>

> Results need to use the new results namespace

ACK.

> ==== "b. SELECT with simple RDF dataset"
>
> Maybe explain what's happening with default-graph-uri and maybe make it a
> URL to a different host.
>
> Results need to use the new results namespace
> Results need <results distinct="false" ordered="false">

ACK and ACK.

A question about the attributes on <results> -- do these need to be added to
all of the examples which don't explicitly add ordering and don't explicitly
request distinct results? That is, there's nothing special about this
request that I can see...?

> ==== "c. CONSTRUCT with simple RDF dataset"
>
> Using [] in the query might be clearer.
>
> CONSTRUCT { [] foaf:name ?who; ...

ACK.

> ----
>
> Something is wrong with the results: may be it's the labels because there
> are 6 different subjects but there should be 6 triples, with 3 subjects.
>
> I guess the bnode labels are wrong
> e.g. "r1_r1_somebody" vs "r1_r1_somebody"

Those are the same.

> Using RDF/XML that grouped foaf:name and foaf:made toegther would be
> clearer.

I'm just going to swap out a different CONSTRUCT example altogether. I don't
much care for this one anyway. ;>

> ====  "d. ASK with simple RDF dataset"
> ASK { ?book dc:creator ?who }
> is a possible query

Yes. I don't understand yr point.

> Mention its an identified default graph.

ACK.

> Old result format : should have the <results>
> Old results namespace

ACK and ACK.

> (skipping red text'ed examples)
>
> ==== "C. SOAP Bindings"
>
> Feel free to shorten the SOAP trace.

ACK -- haven't worked on this yet, only pasted it into the doc from yr
email. :>

Cheers,
Kendall