Re: Name of a graph? and FROM and FROM NAMED

I'm pleased that my request for test cases spawned
quite a bit of thoughtful discussion, but now I'm
struggling to keep track of which designs are supported by whom...
I have been hoping that a summary would emerge
magically... but I suppose I should produce one...

Meanwhile... at the risk of asking Kendall to
repeat himself...

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 13:06 -0400, Kendall Clark wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 05:47:32PM +0100, Seaborne, Andy wrote:
>
> > The contract between requestor and publisher is either to use the data set
> > described (inc protocol considerations) or to use the one the publisher
> > advertises.  Not some hybrid or something completely different.
>
> Says who? Seriously, I don't like that contract, and I can think of others I
> like better.

Do you have some other contract that you prefer? Or do you prefer
to just leave out the constraint that Yoshio and Andy are
advocating, and let the contract be unspecified?

Do you think it's OK (i.e. technically correct, if not high quality)
for a service to ignore FROM and FROM NAMED altogether? Or is your
position that FROM and FROM NAMED be "lower bounds"
on the dataset used to service a query? Or something else?

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E