Re: SPARQL 2004-10-12 syntax and grammar issues

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 01:40:56PM -0000, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> SteveH wonders if $foo == ?foo
> AndyS: Steve - yes - $ is a marker not part of the variable
> AlbertoR: yes

After this PatH noted that having $foo == ?foo caused some problems at the
logical level, but I dont remember if he expanded.

> AndyS the SPARQL spec/document will stick to ? but $ will be allowed -
> tests cases will not generally be affected - but some $ tests cases
> will be provided

How do you feel about only allowing one form in a query? This is more work
for implementors, but may help users by avoiding the equality issue.